- Oral, dual spleen tyrosine kinase (Syk) and janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor that uniquely inhibits two key cell signaling pathways that promote cancer cell growth in certain hematologic malignancies – the B-cell receptor pathway via Syk and key cytokine receptors via JAK Being developed to treat patients with hematologic cancers, specifically those who have relapsed or who have not responded to prior therapies
- Portola has worldwide rights to develop and commercialize cerdulatinib
- The lead compound in our kinase development effort, Cerdulatinib, is a potent inhibitor of both Syk and JAK. We believe that Cerdulatinib may be able to treat certain diseases that involve Syk-BCR signaling and cytokine-JAK signaling.
- Based on the inhibition of these key pathways, we are currently focused on developing Cerdulatinib for NHL, CLL and other hematologic cancers, with a focus on patients with certain treatment-resistant mutations, including those targeting the BTK and PI3K kinases, and certain inflammatory diseases.
- We are currently enrolling patients in the Phase 2a study evaluating the safety and efficacy of cerdulatinib in patients with relapsed/refractory B-cell malignancies who have failed multiple therapies.