Our talented dedicated team at Portola is comprised of intelligent, motivated and passionate colleagues who are committed to discovering and developing novel therapeutics to meet unmet patient needs. We invite you to learn more about our currently available opportunities to join our team or to submit your resume by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently have the following opportunities available in South San Francisco:
When you apply for a position at Portola, your qualifications and experience will be reviewed by our human resources department and the appropriate hiring managers to determine if your background and experiences are aligned with the requirements of the role. If a possible match is determined, we may contact you to learn more about your background, experiences and expectations, and provide you with further guidance on our hiring process and to share with you what it’s like to work at Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Our interview process is structured to evaluate your knowledge, skills and abilities. During your interview, you will have the opportunity to meet with several Portola employees from different disciplines across the organization who will take the time to learn about your work history, technical abilities, and explore your career objectives. Be prepared to answers questions related to your prior work experiences, accomplishments and results, your problem solving and behavioral abilities and your desired career path.
Preparing for Your Interview
- Know and be prepared to share what interests you about Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Familiarize yourself with Portola’s product pipeline.
- Review the aspects of the job description and be ready to share how you can utilize your talents in successfully performing the related job duties.
- If you are interviewing for a scientific/technical role, be prepared to answer high-level technical questions, and in some cases, present scientific data to your industry peers.
- If asked to give a scientific presentation, please bring your seminar on a working USB drive or CD.
- Ensure you can substantiate anything that you have listed on your CV/resume. For example, if you list yourself as an author on a scientific publication, or as a key contributor on projects, questions will be asked of you.
We want to make sure that everyone we hire is the right fit for Portola and will make significant contributions to the success of the Company during the duration of employment. Following your interview, the hiring team will determine if your background is a direct fit for our opening by soliciting feedback from the interview team, and requested professional references that can speak to your prior performance. While this process can take up to two-weeks, we follow up with every candidate we speak with, regardless if an offer is forthcoming.
We are an equal opportunity employer, all employment decisions are based solely on merit and business needs. We do not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Portola is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunity employment.