Common Paths of Discovery
We are committed to supporting independent medical education to help advance medicine and patient care.
Independent Medical Education is an educational program/activity for healthcare professionals that is not controlled or influenced by Portola employees or agents. The program is typically provided by professional associations, independent educational providers, hospitals and educational institutions.
Funding Priorities and Requirements
Educational grant requests must recognize unmet educational needs of a target audience and demonstrate how the program will help address these needs.
Portola encourages grant requestors to submit proposals for events to multiple grant providers.
The funding request must be consistent with Portola’s educational areas of interest, such as:
THERAPEUTIC AREA: Reversal of Direct Oral Anticoagulant (DOAC) activity
Address educational gaps and support CME requests that will:
- Demonstrate the burden of illness from DOAC-associated severe bleeding, focusing on ICH
- Identify high-risk factors in DOAC-associated bleeding, including intracranial hemorrhages, gastrointestinal bleeding and bleeding in a critical area or organ
- Describe reversal treatments for DOAC-associated bleeds
- Educate on guidelines for reversing DOACs
- Discuss patient evaluation and institutional protocol concepts for DOAC reversal
How to apply
Please submit your grant application request via the following link:
If you have grant application questions, please contact [email protected].