Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in South San Francisco, Calif. We completed an initial public offering in May 2013 and are traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol PTLA. We have approximately 70 employees.
Our goal is to build an enduring biopharmaceutical company with compounds from our own research efforts that advance the care of patients in the areas of hematology, including thrombosis and hematologic cancers, and inflammation.
We are advancing our three wholly-owned programs using novel biomarker and genetic approaches that may increase the likelihood of clinical, regulatory and commercial success of our first-in-class therapies.
- Betrixaban – a novel, oral, once-daily Factor Xa inhibitor in Phase 3 development for extended duration prophylaxis (preventive treatment) of venous thromboembolism (VTE) in acute medically ill patients. Learn more.
- Andexanet alfa – a first-in-class recombinant, modified Factor Xa inhibitor molecule that is being developed as a direct reversal agent (antidote) for patients receiving a Factor Xa inhibitor who suffer a major bleeding episode or require emergency surgery. Andexanet alfa has been designated as a breakthrough therapy by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Learn more.
- Cerdulatinib* (PRT2070) – an orally available kinase inhibitor that uniquely inhibits two validated tumor proliferation pathways simultaneously– spleen tyrosine kinase (Syk) and janus kinases (JAK). Learn more.
- We also have a partnership with Biogen Idec. to develop selective Syk inhibitors for inflammatory conditions.
* Cerdulatinib is a proposed International Nonproprietary Name (pINN).